UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier promoted by the Ultimate Fighting Championship is planned to take place on September 7, 2019 at The Arena, Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. This will be Abu Dhabi's third hosting of UFC event.
UFC 242 Countdown: Full EpisodePrepare for UFC 242 as the UFC breaks down the September 7th matchup for the undisputed lightweight championship between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Dustin Poirier.
Khabib Nurmagomedov - The Eagle (27-0-0, RUS)Khabib Nurmagomedov the undefeated UFC lightweight champion(27-0-0) hasn’t competed since taking out Conor McGregor at UFC 229, where he got nine month suspension for his post-fight actions. Khabib's incredible unbeaten run in the UFC's toughest division is one of the most impressive achievements in UFC history. The 30-year old has looked untouchable in nearly all of his fights in the UFC and he'll be hoping to upgrade unbeaten record. The Eagle is ranked #3 in the UFC’s pound for pound rankings.
Khabib Nurmagomedov last bouts:
- Win(Submission) over Conor McGregor (UFC 229, Round 4 - October 2018)
- Win(UD) over Al Iaquinta (UFC 223, Round 5 - April 2018)
- Win(UD) over Edson Barboza (UFC 219, Round 3 - December 2017)
- Win(Submission) over Michael Johnson (UFC 205, Round 3 - November 2017)
Dustin Poirier - The Diamond (25-5-0, USA)Dustin Poirier won the interim UFC lightweight title by defeating Max Holloway two months ago. Poirier is #8 ranked Pound for Pound fighter. And is one of the most exciting fighters in the Octagon today, with his recognizable fighting style. The Diamond has four post-fight performance bonuses in his last six bouts. His game is centered on striking. Poirier has power in his fists and he can throw punches in bunches. Also he is an excellent counter-striker, who has a very high fighting IQ.
Dustin Poirier last bouts:
- Win(UD) over Max Holloway (UFC 236, Round 5 - April 2019)
- Win(TKO) over Eddie Alvarez (UFC 223, Round 2 - July 2018)
- Win(TKO) over Justin Gaethje (UFC on Fox 29, Round 4 - December 2017)
- Win(Submission) over Anthony Pettis (UFC FN 120, Round 3 - November 2017)
Who will win?While Poirier has been on an incredible streak, including a 5-0-1 record since the start of 2017 with victories over three current or former UFC champions, Khabib is still the favorite to come out on top and defend his crown. If we look at betting odds Khabib is clear favorite, but Poirier can be the one who can shock the world and has a chance to beat Khabib.
UFC 242 Fight Card
Where to watch Poirier Vs Khabib UFC 242 Live
|UK||BT Sport 2|
|World streams||UFC PPV|